Pages


True Beauty Files Link-Up




Good morning sweet friends! Hope you all had a lovely weekend! Mine was pretty laid back and COLD!
Winter decided to turn its frigid cheek in NC this weekend. 

I am participating in Anna's The True Beauty Files link-up today! I loved the idea that Anna came up with to show the style and fashion of a modest woman. We all get so caught up in the glamour and glitz of hollywood fashion and sometimes forget to stay true to who we are and how God has created women to represent purity, modesty and conservative dress. I think there are so many ways to portray beauty in a woman who likes to dress for fun and as a representation and unique style of oneself, with a void of cleavage or a lot of leg to be shown. 

I admit to not always having dressed the way I think God would want me to, but am so fortunate for friends like Anna, who has shown me, as well as other women, that you can look beautiful and still be pleasing to God when styled modestly, no matter what size, height or color you are.

Here is my first take on an outfit with all of this in mind.
Forgive the camera quality. I am not an owner of a high-tech camera, nor am I a model by any means. Haha I had to just let loose and have fun with this little shoot, as I am quite nervous to pose by myself. I'm hoping to become more confident in taking these pics and hope I give you the courage to express yourself and join with us in Monday's True Beauty Files!



cardigan-forever 21/ skirt-JCrew/ belt-forever21/heels-forver 21/earrings-forever21/
watch-fossil (from a sweet friend ;)/bracelets-gifts

Anna's Inspiration for the True Beauty Files:

A lookbook for the modern modeste.
"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years." 
~ Audrey Hepburn

Leave a Comment

Anna @ IHOD said...

Drew, you never cease to amaze me. Such a beautifully written post! And holy smokes you look stunning! LOVE the neon pink and how you paired it with olive. So much fun. Thank you so much for linking up sweet friend!
<3
Anna

Natalie said...

You look fabulous! This mix of colors looks great together and you're rockin' it! :)

Amanda English said...

I too live in NC and felt the effects of the COLD!

Stop by sometime, I'd love to hear what you think!

xoxo
http://eloquentenglish1.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

You look absolutely stunning!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

so pretty drew! i love this outfit. and your HAIR. flawless! xo

Cara said...

What a great idea, I love this concept! You look beautiful, pink is totally your color.

Coley said...

You are so cute, LOVE those colors together!

Unknown said...

You look absolutely stunning!!! Drew, you are just gorgeous :) And you KNOW I love your choice of colors!!! XO brynn

Alexa said...

Oh my gosh Drew...you look amazing...love the colors that you chose. Beautiful.

Nicole Rene said...

I absolutely am in love with this color combo! I loveeeeeee these 2 colors together! :)

Fabulous! You are super adorable!!!

ashlyn | nicole said...

drew you look stunning! I think you did a fabulous job with these photos :) and I have to agree it is hard to portray ourselves Ina Godly manner sometimes -- you rocked it! Love the colors together!!

xx
ashlyn

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Love this Drew. You're GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

WOW! Drew, you look absolutely gorgeous! I love your outfit, color combo and accessories and I totally agree with you and love that you are supporting Anna's project. I think it's a wonderful thing. One of these days, I'll have to bust out an outfit post too, just to join the fun! :)

xo

Laura said...

You look stunning! I love the colour combo :)

Michaela said...

You need to do more fashion posts!!! Adorable :) Loving the color

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Drew, you are so gorgeous! And your beauty speaks so much of you!

Redheaded Daybook said...

omgoodness! your fit is amazing :) im in love with your cardigan! super cute.

ps. thank you for your super sweet comment :)

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

Love that gorgeous pink sweater!

Katie said...

love this post! and you look absolutely beautiful!

Michelle said...

LOVE that outfit! I bought that same skirt in the coral and was debating on getting that color... now I am totally wishing I would have gotten that one!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

How adorable are you :) You look gorgeous!

Dana Gastelum said...

Look at my gorgeous sister all dolled up!! STUNNING!!! So blessed to have such a God-fearing, encouraging sister who inspires me every day to be a better person & Christian. I love you sweet t!

rachel said...

sooooooo beautiful!! love the outfit so chic!

Amanda || Eclectic Snapshots said...

you look so beautiful! and your hair ... so jealous! just gorgeous!

17 Perth said...

You look absolutely gorgeous!!

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Bold and beautiful! Such an inspired pairing!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such thoughtful comments, hope you’ll be back soon!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture.com

Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

You look so beautiful and elegant!! I love, love, love the outfit.

Unknown said...

ahh so adorable! you look gorgeous! love the color combo. xoxo <3 www.rubygirlblog.com

Emily {All You Need is Love} said...

LOVE how you styled the outfit!! the colors are perfection together and you look stunning!! Way to represent women who are beautiful on the outside AND inside!! xoxo

Annie said...

These colors look amazing together (and on you)! Love it :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

L.A. in the bay said...

what a beautiful, talented, and sweet lady here. xoxo

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I had no idea Anna was up to this, totally brilliant (c: I'm with you, it's always nice to see a girl dressed to impress without showin' all the goods! This outfit is darling, as are *YOU*!!!

Emily | Recently said...

This brought tears to my eyes Drew! YOU are the epitome of true beauty inside and out! This post is so inspiring and I love your outfit (and your modeling!) Thanks for lifting my spirits dear!

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

You look gorgeous!! That first picture of you could not be any prettier. Such beautiful colors!!

Sarah Roads said...

Drew, you are beautiful! Such a classy lady. So glad you did this post, so inspiring. Way to rock it! xo

Xoxo Trishelle said...

Classy ans cute! Love the skirt!

Www.xoxotrishelle.blogspot.com