Pages


Run your heart out!





So I finally completed my first 5k run! It was a trail race that had you running up and down hills, splashing through mud and trucking through rocks, sticks and stumps! I heard shortly before the race that it was one of the hardest running trails in the country! Thanks a lot! I had jitters like no other before I even took off!
I quickly covered those nerves with the upbeat, loud music I had prepared in a playlist on my ipod. I gave myself a mental pep talk and then took off like my life depended on it! I prayed for strength, courage and the endurance to push forward with every step!
It was an experience I'll never forget and one that I proudly finished with my amazing and inspiring friends, who took on the 15k that day!! I'm aspiring to make the run on the same trail with them one day!
I do believe I've caught the running bug!! 

Leave a Comment

Dana Gastelum said...

WooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooo!!! So proud of you!!!! :)

Jenna Lee said...

Congrats hunny! You GO! Its hard to do and you DID IT! YAY!

Katie said...

Way to go Drew!! You did itttt :)

PS- Thanks for the sweet comment on Kaitlin @ Raids of Orange blog. that was too nice.

Becca {A Blonde's Logic} said...

Yay! Great job! Trail runs are tough!

becca
http://blondeslogic.blogspot.com <-new web address

Coley said...

good for you! Great job :)

{The Perfect Palette} said...

congrats on completing your 5k!! what an accomplishment!

xoxo, chrissy
The Perfect Palette

Aimee said...

As a runner, hearing another person say they have caught the running bug makes me happy! Congrats! And I love the philosophy in the picture! Good job!!!

Smitten Y'all said...

what a champ!!! i knew you could do it!!

natasha {schue love} said...

WoW! What a huge accomplishment!! That is awesome! :)

rachel said...

so proud of you!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

It's one catchy bug, that running bug! I'm really proud of you, the first one is always something special and such an awesome feeling! Congrats, girl!!!

Unknown said...

Yayy congrats!

Carolynn Cecilia said...

Congrats! Coming from someone who all but killed herself running the NYC marathon you are well on your way to some epic running.

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

Way to go! Congrats!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Cool! good for you! I love running!

Hollie Ann said...

Congrats!!!

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you! Great job. Go girl!

Unknown said...

a HUGE congrats, drew!!! that is awesome...what an accomplishment :) celebrate good times!!! xoxoxo brynn

Dallas Shaw said...

congrats !
dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

Suzzie Vehrs said...

Congrats!! I love that quote btw. Hope you do something fun to celebrate this accomplishment!

Emily {All You Need is Love} said...

yay!! congrats sweetie!! so very exciting :)
xoxo

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

congrats girl, that's a massive achievement!!! you look awesome and should be so proud of yourself! thanks so much for the blog design love too, really sweet words that i so appreciate. ♥