Pages


Cooling things down





I've been drawn to more and more colder hue rooms lately; mainly turquoise. It's usually a staple color most summers and I can see why. It reflects a cool, refreshing glass of water and a chilling poolside you lay by in the sweltering heat.


All of these interiors are just glorious to me. The crispness and spaciousness of them all would be ideal to walk in after a day out in the sun. They're all a space to place your bare feat on and lounge for a while.


I think I could spend my whole day on this covered patio. 

***

What color interiors have you cooling things down this summer?





Leave a Comment

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

I love turquoise & white. So cool & calming. I'm also liking yellow!

Val Fox said...

Love love love every one of those pictures! I like yellow paired with gray!
-Val

Jenna Lee said...

Beautiful Beautiful! I love the colors its amazing! The bathroom is rocking! In love with all these pics!

Unknown said...

such refreshing rooms! I totally agree, my love for turquoise is definitely heigtened in the summer!

Coley said...

Wonderful photos! I am baised though, it is my favorite color :)

Katie said...

Gorgeous! I love me some turquoise..our tableclothes are our wedding were turquoise and I loved every minute of it haha hope you had a good wknd!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

i adore that porch! so pretty, i want all those blue bottles! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Sarah said...

I've been obsessed with cool whites lately. I'm planning my room for my new apartment next year, and it's mostly white and coral.

amy b.s. said...

it's amazing how this color can just make an entire room! so beautiful! and i love that headboard!

April of Smidge Of This said...

I absolutely agree. We recently repainted our bedroom in our new house and changed it from a dark brown to a cool, antiquey aqua hue. It's Valspar's Sparkling Lake. And we went with a greige for our bathroom walls. Both are so soothing to me.

I'm hosting a giveaway this week if you'd like to stop by my blog! :)

-April
www.alizadventures.blogspot.com

Ann said...

Turquoise and white is always easy on the eyes
and fresh looking. I'd settle for this color combo any day.

{The Perfect Palette} said...

GORGEOUS COLOR!! Love the teal/aqua paired with the crisp white!! Love how the spaces here feel so open and inviting.

lovely!

xoxo, chrissy from the perfect palette.

Becca {A Blonde's Logic} said...

Turquoise is my favorite color! Doesn't matter the shade either! Great finds! I love it with neutrals and corals. Those are my perfect summer colors!

Hope you had a great weekend!
Becca
http://beccatm.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

These images are beautiful!! I'd gladly live in any of them :)

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Eeeeps!! We are re doing our master bedroom and this is such great inspiration! Love the two colors together...such a clean pretty look!

Vasu said...

so beautiful, love the colour. It reminds me of those cozy winters.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

Julie {love, julie} said...

There was so much turquoise in Greece, I wanted to snap up everything in that beautiful color! Thanks for the wonderful guest posts, you are the best :)

birdie to be said...

I am loving that color too lately! These rooms are fabulous!

Megan Abigail Chandler said...

I cannot get enough of that backsplash in the first photo! Fantastic images!

Anonymous said...

Ah I LOVE this color in houses. I'm always drawn toward blue shades for my house. And your blog is so cute!!

Bud and Leo said...

I love love love this! I never think turq for decor and need to seriously considering this calming, gorgeous hue! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Unknown said...

aqua is such a fun color (it was my wedding color, plus gold accents... gorgeousness). i love your blog, the hybrid between fashion & home design. following! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

Hollie Ann said...

wow i am loving the teal headboard!

Krystal Schlegel said...

I love that kitchen and headboard! I've always had a blue room, but In my new apartment I'm decorating in Yellow and grey!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love the colors. The photos are just so pretty and I am sure will inspire many people who see them. My daughter just did her room in a beautiful aqua with an aqua metallic overlay on one wall, and the other three walls in a gray...turned out so beautiful, clean, tropical, yet very warm and inviting. And, we painted our great-room in "Thunderstorm", which is a gray with a very slight green undertone, which is barely noticeable, and have all teal, mango, and honeydew accents...this time of the year is so inspirational.

Joni
Desert Dreaming

Mikko Tyllinen said...

So beautiful!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

You're hanging out all day on that patio??? Me too! We're going to have a blast. (c;