Pages


Setting the mood for your house




 Today's post is inspired by entryways, the first glance into your home. You wouldn't think that an entryway would be that important. However, it sets the mood for the rest of your house. Try to incorporate small features from other parts of your house into the entryway space. Whether it be colors, a theme or pictures, let it involve the style or scheme of your house as a whole. It will present your home in a way that is inviting, artful and overall balanced. Here are some examples:


































You can even do center pieces if you have a long space to work with.











What is your idea of an entryway?


sources* images



I'm working on a friends entryway, which is what inspired me to think of different styles. This inspiration palette is what I designed to help me plan things out for the Price family:






Leave a Comment

Dana Gastelum said...

LOVE all of your entryway picks!! They are so gorgeous! And that is so true - a well-dressed entry sets the tone of your house! :)

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Great post. And I die everytime over that Jonathan Adler console.... GUH!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

I know! Me too Chassity!! The combination of wood grain and lucite is just splendid!! Maybe we could make one?? haha

Daners-I'm pretty sure you have a well-dressed entryway! Can't wait to see it in a couple weeks!

Anna @ IHOD said...

Drew, I am so glad you stopped by. I am swooning over this post. Loaded with inspiration and rooms that kill!
Have a wonderful week!
:) Anna

Michelle @ Ten June said...

SUCH beautiful inspiration, Drew! Love each and every one of these entryways.

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Perfect post since I'm working on our entryway now! Newest follower too:)