Pages


Friday's Fancies: Client Meeting






Happy Fridaaaay! This weeks theme for Friday's Fancies is back-to-school wear over at long distance loving. Since I am no longer in school or college (almost 4 years! WoW!) I decided to go for a look that I would wear to a client meeting. Meeting clients for graphic design inquiries is not completely formal, but you do want to dress professionally and look presentable! I feel like your personal taste in styling says a lot about your stance on todays trends and how you perceive different looks, colors and textures. (Much like a design you render.) Since designers have to be top notch on all facets of fashion, culture and history, you must look like you know a thing or two about it. Not in all cases of the design world must you wear the above or anything similar to it. But you want to reflect your own personal style, and in return the client will trust your confidence and ability to tackle their project just like you did your outfit!

What do you think about styling in your own profession?

source* 12345678910

Leave a Comment

Susan said...

I love that Drew! It's so chic, especially that top: ooo lala! Happy Friday!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Ooooh love this ensemble! Great shoes, tank, and jacket.

Stephanie said...

I love your picks this week! Love the flow-y, wide pants. So hot! I'm heading over to vote for your outfit now!

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

Yes, please. I'll take one of each! :)

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

i love this look! v professional with a lot of style! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Cathy said...

Love that top! And the fact that the outfit could transition from meeting to summer night out by losing the blazer and notebook. Have a great weekend!

navy and orange said...

love that top with the blazer- it will look so chic! just because we have no more "back to school" doesn't mean we can't have fun with fall shopping~!

xoxo navy & orange
navyandorange.blogspot.com

Haley{PairsandPours} said...

love those slacks and shoes!

Val Fox said...

Love it, I want everything! Especially the blazer!
-Val

Unknown said...

This is a great outfit! So professional and polished - I love it!

Nikell said...

This is so chic and classy. My husband does graphic design. Presentation is key ^_^
This outfit would be perfect for a client meeting.

Have a fabulous weekend,
Nikell

Brianna Renee said...

This is my 1st year not having a back to school outfit to plan for so i'll definitely be doing this for work! :)

A said...

Something I love about the blog world is the wide age range of cool people you meet.

I teach secondary English at a private school, but we have a lot of leeway on dress. I'm constantly in knee-length fun skirts, dresses, and maxis. I'm just not a dress pants girl.

LOVE your roundup!

asj said...

adorable look, I definitely decide on what to wear based on who I'm meeting with: students, faculty, staff/admins

Unknown said...

Right now I'm coaching a lot of volleyball so my professional atire is a little more casual than most people. I still think it's important to be fit and look clean and wear my nice sweats and t shirts while coaching. Just because I'm a coach doesn't mean I can dress like a slob. I like what you picked out for you, very pretty!

Amber said...

your picks are awesome. I especially like that blazer. Scrunched up sleeves need to be brought back into the fashion forefront :)

Simply Camylla said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that whole outfit! I'd wear that in a heart beat! heheh

birdie to be said...

Great jacket & I love those pants.

Haley said...

fantastically classy, stylish, and professional :) THOSE SHOES...the pop of orange in the wallet...the printed clutch...and the fun flowy top with the cream blazer. LOVE :)

natasha {schue love} said...

Wow...this is an amazing outfit! I love every single thing about it! Amazing job lady!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Yeah, if I was contemplating hiring you, you can bet your biscuits that I would snap you up in a second wearing this! I love that blazer...the shape and the unexpected leather, LOVE (c:

Amanda::Eclectic Snapshots said...

wowzers girl! you have style!

happy weekend!

Meggan said...

Drew, I love this entire look - head to toe! I am dying over that leopard clutch and blazer! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! xo

Becca {A Blonde's Logic} said...

I WANT that jacket!! It's perfect!!

Becca
http://blondeslogic.blogspot.com

S and O said...

Nice outfit!
I love the pen so perfect.
Xoxo
Sarah

Come join my wonderful Shabby Apple giveaway :D

http://sandoproductions.blogspot.com/2011/08/giveaway-shabby-apple.html

Kelsey Cunningham said...

Such a great look! I love those pants with that top - so fun and classy! xo

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

I love this outfit - so much style but still professional. I would definitely hire you :) As a mom, I try to rise above the lure of wearing PJs or yoga pants all day!

April said...

Love that top!

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

I want those earrings! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Val said...

Incredible as always....those shoes are AMAZING!

Danielle Moss said...

I love everything you have posted. Such a great look!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I just wanted to pop in after reading your guest post on Ashlyn's blog :)

Loving this outfit you put together - I am a sucker for blazers! It's nice/sad that at my work we are very casual. As in wear yoga pants and flip flops everyday casual. I miss having to dress up and feel professional.

Anonymous said...

that top I am in love!
xo emily

Sierra said...

I've been about of school since 2007 myself - so hard to believe! I actually am going to meet a client in the coming weeks and this gives me a great idea, thanks! I'm a freelancer and ocasionally I have to meet clients, I actually miss having to get dressed up sometimes!

Daily Cup of Couture said...

adore that clutch! fabulous outfit!

xx

Lesley Rials Napper said...

Oh my goodness, this whole outfit is amazingggg!! I especially love the top! Great styling!